I have been a professional genealogist and family historian for a number of years and would welcome the opportunity to compile your family history for you.
Although I specialise in the region covered by the West Yorkshire Archive Service, carrying out research at record offices and archives in the area, I can also research your family history by consulting records and sources available throughout England and Wales, appropriate to the individual needs of each client, and including any or all of the following:
- Civil Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths – 1837 to 2004
- Parish Registers including baptisms; marriages and banns; and burials
- Searches of census returns for the whole of England and Wales – 1841 to 1911
- Local Newspapers – late 18th century onwards and subject to availability – covering obituaries, deaths and other family announcements and related information
- Electoral register searches
- Searches of local cemeteries and burial grounds
- Wills and administrations
Copies of all relevant documentation will be supplied in order to supplement and confirm the research undertaken.
I also publish numerous transcriptions and indexes of census returns; parish registers and so on from the Yorkshire area. For full details of these publications, as well as a selection of books available for purchase relating to genealogy and family history, click on the appropriate link in the column opposite
CHARGES FOR RESEARCH
I charge £8.00 per hour for my services, plus document charges.
Overseas clients to pay via PayPal (requests for payment sent with each report), money order or bankers draft in UK Pounds Sterling.
Alternatively fees can be paid in any of the major foreign currencies and I will then deduct the cost (if any) of conversion into Pounds Sterling.
Payment in cash is sent at the client’s own risk.
32 Myers Avenue
West Riding of Yorkshire
Tel: +44 (0) 1274 638792